A Letter from the Vice President of Recruitment
We are so excited that you have joined the University of Mississippi family and are interested in Panhellenic sorority life! During your years at the University of Mississippi, you will have countless opportunities to shape your own college experience. As you begin to make decisions about the right path for you, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with Greek life here at the University of Mississippi.
Our Panhellenic community is composed of eleven National Panhellenic Conference organizations that are filled with exceptional women who are involved in a variety of different capacities across campus and the Oxford-Lafayette community. Our Panhellenic community continues to be proud of our chapters that have empowering sisterhoods and encourage their members to strive for excellence and enrich their college experiences through service, scholarship, and friendship, just to name a few.
If you choose to join a Panhellenic sorority, you will not only join an individual chapter, but also an entire community of women who are dedicated to academic excellence, sisterhood, and philanthropic service. Even if you decide that joining a Panhellenic chapter is not for you, the recruitment experience will provide you with friendships that will last throughout your time at the University of Mississippi and beyond.
Thank you for your interest in participating in Panhellenic recruitment, and we hope that through this experience, you will learn more about your own personal values and how membership in a Panhellenic sorority can further develop you into a strong woman throughout college and beyond. We look forward to seeing you this fall!
-Avery Myatt, 2023 CPH Vice President of Recruitment
We have a new recruitment website! Please visit umcphrecruitment.com for updates regarding recruitment 2023!
Fall Primary Sorority Recruitment 2023
Fall 2023 Recruitment Schedule At A Glance
- August 12th: PNM Convocation & Round 1 – Greek Day
- Convocation: PNM Convocation is an event put on by the College Panhellenic Council to kick off recruitment week. All PNMs are expected to attend.
- Greek Day: All eleven (11) sororities have prepared a video introducing their chapter. PNMs will watch all eleven (11) videos in their recruitment counselor groups after taking a values based assessment in order to truly align their values with those of each chapter.
- What to Wear: Panhellenic provides you with a Greek Day shirt to wear, and the rest is up to you.
- August 13th & 14th: Round 2 – Philanthropy Day
- Number Visited: Up to eight (8) sororities
- What to Expect: You’ll learn about the sororities’ philanthropies, community service, and campus involvement.
- What to Wear: Panhellenic provides you with a philanthropy day shirt to wear, and the rest is up to you. Remember to choose comfortable shoes, as you will be walking a bit!
- August 16th & 17th: Round 3 – Sisterhood Day
- Number Visited: Up to five (5) sororities
- What to Expect: These events will provide an insight into the sororities’ sisterhood. You’ll talk with members to gain a greater perspective of their sisterhood and how they celebrate their sorority.
- What to Wear: Dressy casual attire such as a dress, skirt or pants with a blouse, paired with flats so you can walk comfortably!
- August 18th: Round 4 – Preference Day
- Number Visited: Up to two (2) sororities
- What to Expect: As this is the final event of Formal Recruitment, conversations are intimate and more on the serious side. From the sororities that have invited you to this round, you will select the one(s) from which you wish to receive a membership invitation.
- What to Wear: This round is more formal attire, such as a semiformal or cocktail dress or business attire, paired with comfortable shoes.
- August 19th: Bid Day!
- What to Expect: You’ll meet with your recruitment counselor and group in the Grove to receive your membership invitation.
- What to Wear: Shorts or pants and a shirt. New members are given letters when they arrive at the sorority.
If you have any questions about Primary Recruitment, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life at 662-915-7609.