A Letter from the Vice Presidents of Recruitment
We are so excited that you have joined the University of Mississippi family and are interested in Panhellenic sorority life! During your years at the University of Mississippi, you will have countless opportunities to shape your own college experience. As you begin to make decisions about the right path for you, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with Greek life here at the University of Mississippi.
Our Panhellenic community is composed of ten National Panhellenic Conference organizations that are filled with exceptional women who are involved in a variety of different capacities across campus and the Oxford-Lafayette community. Our Panhellenic community continues to be proud of our chapters that have empowering sisterhoods and encourage their members to strive for excellence and enrich their college experiences through service, scholarship, and friendship, just to name a few.
If you choose to join a Panhellenic sorority, you will not only join an individual chapter, but also an entire community of women who are dedicated to academic excellence, sisterhood, and philanthropic service. Even if you decide that joining a Panhellenic chapter is not for you, the recruitment experience will provide you with friendships that will last throughout your time at the University of Mississippi and beyond.
Thank you for your interest in participating in Panhellenic recruitment, and we hope that through this experience, you will learn more about your own personal values and how membership in a Panhellenic sorority can further develop you into a strong woman throughout college and beyond. We look forward to seeing you this fall!
Click here for more information on how to register for fall 2021 sorority recruitment.
Fall Primary Sorority Recruitment 2021
Potential New Member (PNM )Convocation & Pre-Recruitment Education:
More information will be sent concerning these events and workshops at a later date.
Fall 2021 Recruitment Schedule
- Round 1 – Greek Day
- Number Visited: All ten (10) sororities
- What to Expect: You’ll learn about sorority life, including the benefits of membership along with financial, academic and housing obligations of being a member.
- What to Wear: Panhellenic provides you with a Greek day shirt to wear, and the rest is up to you. Wear comfortable shoes since there is a lot of walking.
- Round 2 – Philanthropy Day
- Number Visited: Up to eight (8) sororities
- What to Expect: You’ll learn about the sororities’ philanthropies, community service, and campus involvement.
- What to Wear: Panhellenic provides you with a philanthropy day shirt to wear, and the rest is up to you. Remember to choose comfortable shoes!
- Round 3 – Sisterhood Day
- Number Visited: Up to five (5) sororities
- What to Expect: These events will provide an insight into the sororities’ sisterhood. You’ll talk with members to gain a greater perspective of their sisterhood and how they celebrate their sorority.
- What to Wear: Dressy casual attire such as a dress, skirt or pants with a blouse, paired with flats so you can walk comfortably!
- Round 4 – Preference Day
- Number Visited: Up to two (2) sororities
- What to Expect: As this is the final event of Formal Recruitment, conversations are intimate and more on the serious side. From the sororities that have invited you to this round, you will select the one(s) from which you wish to receive a membership invitation.
- What to Wear: This round is more formal attire, such as a semiformal or cocktail dress or business attire, paired with comfortable shoes.
- Bid Day
- What to Expect: You’ll meet with your recruitment counselor and group in the Grove to receive your membership invitation.
- What to Wear: Shorts or pants and a shirt. New members are given letters when they arrive at the sorority.
If you have any questions about Primary Recruitment, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or reach the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life at 662-915-7609.